Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Home Section Reporter

A reporter of the Newyork Times has made major contributions to the Home section according to an article entitled Talk to the Newsroom: Home reporter.

For 10 years Penelope Greene has been a freelance writer contributing articles to major magazines such as "Vogue" and "House Beautiful."

It was not until 2006 until Greene returned to the New York Times becoming a reporter of the Home section.

The New York Times reports that other staff members have answered some of the questioins available in Greene's articles.

Some of her works are "This Season's Must Have: The Little Black Roll," and "Saying Yes to Mess."

I appreciate the New York Times effort to acknowledge a journalist that many people may not pay attention too. Alot of people don't realize that there are journalists for every section in the newspaper including the Home section. It is a great opportunity to be able to not only work for the New York Times but have other journalists take the time out and respond to your articles. She is truley an inspiration to many people including myself.

5 comments:

c.nolan said...

It is good to see that journalist that continue to work hard at what they love will eventually be rewarded.

Leah said...

Thanks for showing us this little-known article.

As a journalist, it just goes to show that if you specialize in what you love, you CAN succeed.

I think that it's great for someone like Penelope to get recognition for her hard work. A publication needs balance - and that is exactly what these specialized writers give it.

Anonymous said...

It is cool to see a respected journalist take questions from everyone and show the answers. Green has a extensive background and is well deserving of her reward.

cannse3 said...

I 100% agree with Leah when she said that it shows that you can specialize in what you love and succeed. This woman was a freelance writer, and began writing for the New York Times! That's not only amazing but it really is interesting when you actually sit down to think about who writes what you read everyday.

Ramen Ninja said...

It really is good to see people succeeding in doing something they love.

I know that the state of the journalism industry may make it more difficult for me to make money with a writing job, but as long as I can support myself with a job I love then I will be happy.