Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The "Real World" Online

According to an article entitled Like 'The Real World', With More Computers, MTV and its MtvU channel will join with Hewitt -Packard to present a series with 16 contestants, divided into four teams called The Engine Room.

These teams will complete in producing digital art using PCs, work stations, monitors, and other products sold by H.P. At the end of the series a team will win prizes that include $400,000 in cash.

Almost 2,000 people from 122 countries submitted more than 20,000 original artworks to earn a chance to take part in the contest, David Roman, vice president for world wide marketing communications stated.

This show could be compared to The Real World because they both are series that bring a group of young adults together with the opportunity to win alot of money.

I think that this series will gain alot of views and H.P. will recieve alot of advertising credibility. This show would function exactly like the The Real World and the computer geeks would love it!

7 comments:

furioussteve said...

It sounds much more interesting to me than the Real World. At least in the Engine Room the contestants will have to use skill to win money. I agree that it will be an excellent advertising tool for HP.

Shannon said...

I think this is a way better idea than The Real World, it would not even be compared. It lets people be creative and show off their skills to in turn make money. I really like shows like this, having people be competitive with their skills to achieve a goal. It is also great advertisement for HP towards college students. I am glad that MTV is deciding to other things than stupid shows like Next or another Real World/Road Rules Challenge. MTV need more intelligent shows and more music videos!

Shanice_Gray said...

Wow! Thats interesting $400,000 thats a lot more than what they offer on other reality shows. Im an extremly cretive person so I wish I would have know about this show before it aired because I would be one of those artist entering their work.

Dan McGlone said...

It sounds like a very interesting show! It's nice to see an MTV show that highlights skills besides massive alcohol consumption or best pick up line!

Anonymous said...

This is different than The Real World because they are competing for a prize. In The Real World the house guests are just letting people watch their lives as they room with people they have never met. It will be interesting to see how the teams get along and not get along.

cannse3 said...

The Real World is way over played, meaning the ideas are not anywhere close to new. This sounds way more interesting, and it sounds extremely creative. Plus the grand pize is a lot bigger then most other reality reality shows currently on t.v.

Kristin said...

It does sound a lot better than the Real World! It is nice to see something creative!